Liver Wellness Package
a) Why should I take the Liver Wellness Package?
The reasons for proposing the liver wellness package in apparently healthy individuals with no symptoms are cited below:
There is a huge burden of silent liver disease in India.
- Out of 1.2 billion people in India, at least one in 5 Indians is living with some kind of liver problem.
- 42 million people suffer from Hepatitis B (5% of population)
- 12 million people suffer from Hepatitis C
- Burden of Hepatitis C is twice of HIV population (more common than HIV) Both Hepatitis B and C, spread in the same way as HIV 8 million Indians are reported to have Alcohol related liver disease .
- 144 million people suffer from fatty liver disease (12 % of population)
- 1.5 million suffer from cirrhosis of liver
- Hepatocellular carcinoma of liver is the 4th most common cause of cancer in the world
Silent Liver Disease : A Killer
- Most of these diseases including viral hepatitis B,C, fatty liver disease due to alcohol or non alcohol fatty liver disease are silent and do not produce any symptoms.
- It is advisable to diagnose them early because if left untreated this can result in permanent scarring (cirrhosis) of liver.
- Liver cirrhosis can cause life threatening complications like jaundice, bleeding, water accumulation in legs and abdomen and liver cancer.
b) Who should avail of Liver Wellness Package?
All individuals with history of the following:
- Obesity, High Waist Hip ratio
- High Cholesterol, Triglyceride
- History of Fatty Liver.
- History of Alcohol intake.
- Previous history of Jaundice
- Family history of Liver problems
c) What does the Liver Wellness Package include?
- Blood tests
- USG abdomen
- Dietician consult
- Hepatology Consult.
d) How much will the Liver Wellness Package cost?