GASTRO INTESTINAL SURGERY
Scope of Services provided in GI surgery:
The gastrointestinal tract is divided mainly into Upper GI (Esophagus to Duodenum) ; Lower GI ( Small intestine , Large intestine ) and Hepato- Pancreatico- Biliary ( HPB : Liver/ Pancreas and Gall Bladder).
With a variety of treatment options, gastrointestinal conditions need to be managed by the super-specialists who have trained exclusively in this field for a dedicated number of years after their postgraduation.
Through Ansh Liver Clinic; the medical and surgical gastroenterologist are able to help, advise and treat the following conditions. Treatment could consist of Medical, Endoscopic or Surgical treatment. Many a time, a combination of medical and surgical modalities is needed for the best possible care of the patient.
- Upper GI: Gastric/Stomach tumours, Duodenal and stomach perforations. Tumours of the duodenum
- Lower GI: Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, small bowel tumors, Small bowel perforations, Appendicectomy, colon cancer , rectal cancer, diverticulosis, diverticulitis.
- Liver surgery: Benign and cancerous lesions of the liver, Stones in the liver, Portal Hypertension Surgeries, Liver Transplantation
- Gall bladder and Bile duct: Gall stones, Bile duct stones, Bile duct cancers, Biliary strictures
- Pancreas: Benign and cancerous lesions of the pancreas. Pancreatitis, Pancreatic duct stones.
- Spleen: Splenectomies ( Removal of the spleen) For trauma, Cancer .
- Hernias: Inguinal (groin) hernias, ventral hernias, incisional hernias, parastomal hernias.
- Laparoscopy/Minimally Invasive: For all GI surgical procedures.